#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Churches, Rednecks, and Camo = The South

Janice just came from square dance class

Valentine's Dinner
Hello Dear Family!
 
I loved all the pictures, thanks so much for sending them to me! Well a lot of crazy experiences have happened this past week. I cannot count the number of times I have been told that this is the coldest winter Louisiana has had in years. I literally haven't seen the sun for two weeks. It has been overcast and cold cold cold. I've worn thick tights, leggings overtop with socks and I finally decided to wear my hoodie under my coat because I never take my coat off! On Tuesday we heard that an ice storm was rolling in. It got really cold and then it started to rain and then it turned into snow/ice pelts. It was crazy. It was silent and all you could hear was the sound of the ice pelts bouncing off the sidewalk. We went to Janice's for dinner that night and the drive back was very slick. I felt right at home. Well because freak things like this don't happen a lot the entire town shutdown. We woke up Wednesday morning to ice everywhere. On the car, road, roof, grass...it was everywhere. We were cautioned to stay in are apartment so we didn't go out to work until about two. I was going crazy. Then the power went out for a while. My companions wanted to go out and deice the car - they thought it was a hoot. Well the ice eventually melted and now this week is supposed to be nice. No tights, and we can actually dress cute. The grass is starting to get green as well.
 
Our Area has been struggling, we are working hard and increasing are faith in finding the elect here in Ruston.
 
That's all for this week. Love y'all and I'm enjoying my time here in Ruston Louisiana!
 
Sister Hartley
 
Scripture: 1 Nephi 13: 41-42 (we have to work to be saved!)
Ice Storm


No comments:

Post a Comment