#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Monday, February 23, 2015

Best time of my life! She is from Stirling.

A day with Sister Bithell!



Hi Y'all, I know I say this every week, but so much has happened since last Monday. Once again, the Lord continues to have His hand in the work here. Our Thursday afternoon and evening plans weren't falling into place and we were getting frustrated. We made several phone calls and were not getting far. Finally we got on are knees and asked the Lord what he needed us to do. Once we finished praying we sat on are knees for a moment and the phone ran. It was a returning member. She says, "Want to get together." Us "yes!" Her "When" Us "right now?" Her "okay" Us "we'll start walking" her "I'll come pick you up." Us "THANK-YOU!" She ended up taking us to her daughters home, who isn't a member. She was in the middle of a stressful situation and we were able to pray with her and share a message with her about the hope of the Gospel. It was a miracle. 

Saturday night Sister Borja and I were tracting and no one was giving us the time of day. I was struggling a bit with it, but kept my head up and looked forward. Someone would listen. We knocked on another door and an old woman let us right in and she needed us right at that moment. She needed to know that God hadn't abandoned her. Another miracle. God always provides a way. I'm learning that that way is always a little more than we sometimes think. The extra mile. 

I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Quilty on Tuesday. Best time of my life! She is from Stirling. For 24 hours I felt like I was in Southern Alberta. I'd say, "Country 95" and she'd say, "Mayor Magrath Drive" and I'd say "Lethbridge Hurricanes." haha and we went on and on, we both had a great time and we worked hard and saw a lot of miracles. 
Saturday I was able to go on an exchange with Sister Bithell, another best time of my life! I love her sooooo much!! She is one of my very best friends. I'll be naming one of my girls after her, let's put it that way! It was great to be with her again. We worked hard and had a lot of fun. We were able to talk about Texarkana. I love that place! We were also able to phone Amy. We needed it and she needed it. Please keep her and her family in y'alls prayers. 
Yesterday we were able to go out with are ward mission leader and present the ward mission plan to a few of the members. Our ward mission leader is amazing. He reminds me of Alan Wiley, and he grew up on a ranch in Tennessee. He's a doer, and a finisher. Just the right person for the job. I've learned a lot from him. 

I love y'all. Thank you for all y'alls support, prayers, and letters. It means a lot to me. We're so blessed to have the scriptures in our lives.


Sister Hartley 

 O'Canada 
Sister Quilty

With Sister Quilty




Look how close the road is to the water



A day with Sister Bithell!


No comments:

Post a Comment