#header-inner {background-position: center !important; width: 100% !important;}

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I'm not in Jackson anymore





Boy is that subject title the truth! Sorry I'm just emailing now. I got to be quick. I got transferred. I'm now in the Bay St. Louis area. I am on the coast! Now I've seen both ends of the mission! Are apartment is 3 miles from the ocean. My companion is named Sister Borja (pronounced Borha). She is from Paraguay. She goes home in 4 weeks so I have a lot to learn about the area and the sisters in are stewardship (one of which is from Stirling and knows Beth, and also Sister Bithell and my grandaughter! and Sister Brown my MTC companion!). Anyways I love it here. Today was my first official day and it was the best. I've been having Deja vu all day. I feel really impressed that I am supposed to be here. It is a totally different world than the other areas I have served in. I can't believe I'm so close to the ocean. It is crazy! We drove over a long bridge today right over the ocean! It is crazy! Almost everyone we talked with today made a reference to Katrina and how it affected them. We see evidence of the damage in some areas. My district is great. It's just us and a set of elders. We also both serve in the Waveland ward. The are awesome, hardworking elders, and we seem to have a lot in common. Ones from a ranch and rodeos so I was telling him about Nat and stuff. Anyways we are super busy and working hard serving the Lord. I'm starting to feel old. I was on the transfer van and out of 9 sisters I was the oldest serving sister. Where did the time go? So crazy. A lot of missionaries in the mission that have influenced me went home this transfer. It was hard to see them go. I don't think we realized how big of an influence we have on people. I learned so much from them and they changed my mission. Anyways I better get going. Love y'all! 









No comments:

Post a Comment